Doobie Brothers’ 50th-anniversary tour postponed due to COVID-19
Fans will have to wait to see the return of frontman, Michael McDonald.
Photo: Scott Dudelson / Getty Images
The Doobie Brothers’ 50th-anniversary tour has been postponed due to COVID-19. The tour was first announced in November 2019 – where it was revealed that former frontman Michael McDonald would be rejoining the group onstage after 25 years.
The 30-date trek across the United States was planned for 9 June to 10 October, and would have taken the band from West Palm Beach, Florida through to Houston, Texas.
The postponement was announced in a Facebook post from the band, which said that the decision came “with the health and safety of fans, crew and local employees in mind.”
The post also announced that most of the trek has been rescheduled for the following year – with the exception of several city stops. “The tour will now be rescheduled for 2021 starting Jul 17 in West Palm Beach and ending on Oct 23 in New Orleans,” it said.
“Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts, previously announced dates in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, Sioux City, Iowa, Boise, Idaho, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Little Rock, Arkansas, Bossier City, Louisiana and Memphis, Tennessee have been cancelled.”
Ticket purchasers have been given the option of rolling over their tickets to next year’s new dates, or to receive a refund if they wanted. See the full post below.
The Doobie Brothers regret to announce that their 50th Anniversary Tour has been rescheduled. This decision has been…
Posted by The Doobie Brothers on Tuesday, May 26, 2020
After not performing with the group for almost 25 years, it was announced via a Facebook post in November 2019 that Michael McDonald would be rejoining the Doobie Brothers on their 50th-anniversary tour. Although McDonald formally left the band in 1982, he’s occasionally joined the group on several one-off performances and shorter engagements.
For more music news, click here.
Get the latest news, reviews and features to your inbox.Subscribe