Fuzzrocious has introduced the Heliotropic, a fuzz box that’s designed to reproduce the crushing tones heard on the bassline of Failure’s Heliotropic and Another Space Song.
The Heliotropic serves up a vortex of fuzz that mirrors the ‘90s outfit’s heavy, grungy sound. You can further tweak the controls to “dial in clanky, dirty and super doomy tones”, according to Fuzzrocious.
Control-wise, the pedal sports a simple four-knob layout, which is detailed below:
- Drives the internal second stage circuit
- Roll it clockwise for a harder drive
- Roll it clockwise for an increased fuzzy/sustained quality
- Governs the pedal’s output
- Roll it fully anti-clockwise for a clanky, trebly tone
- Roll it fully clockwise for a doomy, muddy, bassy tone
While the Heliotropic was built with bassists in mind, Fuzzrocious claims it works well with guitars, too. Check out the brand’s demos below.
Retails at $210. More information at fuzzrociouspedals.com.