Pedal Manufacturer Joyo has launched the Atmosphere, a reverb pedal that comes loaded with nine styles of digital ‘verb.
The pedal features standard mix and decay knobs, controlling the volume and length of the effect, respectively. The smaller tone and mod knobs colour the sound with an EQ tweak, and control the depth of any modulation effects in play. The nine-way selector switch lets you choose from the following reverb modes:
- Plate, a studio-style plate reverb.
- Church, a “huge room reverb”.
- Spring, a “classic spring reverb tank”.
- Eko-verb, which combines reverb with delay.
- Shimmer, which Joyo describes as feeling like a “shimmer in a dream” – most likely combining reverb with a shimmery chorus.
- Comet, which Joyo describes as having a comet “orbit between your amp and guitar” – which could mean a huge, spacey sound.
- Rewind, which combines reverb with a reversed tape delay effect.
- Forest, which Joyo describes as feeling “like have a sunbath in the forest”
- Pulse, combining reverb with tremolo.
A Trail switch lets you have the pedal’s reverb continue ringing out after disengaging it. Visually, the pedal’s chrome knobs and illuminated trim lend it a sleek, premium look – despite the low price.
Watch Joyo’s demo of the pedal below:
The Atmosphere lists for $89 and is available now. More information at Joyoaudio.com.