NAMM 2019: LR Baggs adds two pedals to its Align Series
These chorus and delay units are designed for acoustic guitars.
LR Baggs has expanded its Align Series with a delay and a chorus pedal. Like the other units in the line, these stompboxes are specifically tailored for the acoustic guitar.
Here’s a closer look:
Align Series Chorus
As its name suggests, this pedal injects a choir-like chime into the mix. Built with an LR Baggs circuitry, it adds a richness to your acoustic tone without compromising clarity.
Four intuitive knobs help you to dial in the effect. A Size knob allows you to blend two chorus voicings – these interact with each other as the knob is tweaked. According to the brand, increasing the Size effect is akin to “adding more instruments” to the overall mix.
Elsewhere, the pedal sports a volume knob, a chorus dial – which sets the dry/wet mix – and a wide tone control.
Check out a full demo of the pedal below:
Align Series Delay
This pedal features analogue and digital delay options that are specifically tuned to the acoustic guitar. So rather than an ambient or experimental effect, this adds depth to your playing while preserving the dry acoustic tone. A tap tempo function is also included to allow you to easily tweak the delay time.
The Align Delay’s controls consist of four knobs and two buttons:
- Delay knob: Sets the dry/wet mix
- Repeats knob: Sets the number of repeats
- Tone knob:
- Only affects the delay trails
- Changes character of delay from warm and analogue-like to a clear and digital-like echo
- Time knob: Sets the time between the original and repeated signal
- Div button: Sets delay to dotted-eighth divisions of the current tempo
- Tap button: Allows you to manually set the delay tempo
Hear the pedal in action below:
Available in February at $179 each. More information at lrbaggs.com.
Get the latest news, reviews and features to your inbox.Subscribe