Megadeth guitarist Dave Mustaine to open Reverb shop
Reverb.com has revealed it’s latest artist shop, partnering with Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine to sell nearly 150 pieces of equipment
Reverb.com has revealed its latest artist shop, partnering with Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine to sell nearly 150 pieces of equipment including guitars, amps, drum gear, pro audio equipment, and much more used by the metal legend.
Mustaine, who joined Metallica as lead guitarist in 1981 before eventually founding Megadeth, had this to say on the partnership with Reverb: “When you’ve been playing and touring for as long as I have, you tend to amass quite a collection of gear. They’re great instruments and they represent more than 40 years of playing, but I’ve got more than I could possibly use myself.
“I owe so much to my fans. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t even have all this gear. I’d rather give it back to them than let it sit and collect dust.
“I have a lot, a lot, a lot of gear. I’ve got a lot of double-neck guitars, I’ve got a lot of prototype stuff. I’ve got absolutely killer collector’s item stuff for the right guy. For me, my job is to put everything I can into this guitar so that when it gets put into somebody else’s hands, I can say ‘This is the guitar that wrote ‘Holy Wars.’”
Among the items that will be for sale in the Reverb shop are more than 20 of the guitarist’s signature guitars, including a Dean Dave Mustaine Signature “Holy Grail” V (#1 of 33), a Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Zero Korina (#10 of 50), a signed 2007 Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Silver V Prototype, a Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Black Double Neck VMNT used live on stage, and a Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Matte Black V that was used extensively for touring.
The Official Dave Mustaine Reverb Shop will also feature:
- Several Marshall EL34 100/100 Dual Monoblock amps, including one that is autographed and one that still has the guitarist’s settings marked
- An Akai MPC1000 drum machine that was used extensively on tour and autographed by Mustaine
- Several Zoom G2.1DM Dave Mustaine Signature pedals used by Mustaine on tour as indicated by the gaff tape still on the pedals
- A Furman PL-8 Power Conditioner amp autographed and used by Mustaine
- Multiple Fractal Axe FX-11 amps used by Mustaine both on tour and in the studio
- A seven-piece DDrum drum kit with the cover art from “Peace Sells” on the kick drum
- A Shure Wireless Megadeth Transmitter System with signed cases
- Several acoustic guitars, multiple effects pedals, kick pedals, cymbals, and more
Mustaine joins a growing number of artists – including Green Day, Mastodon’s Brent Hinds, and Avenged Sevenfold – who’ve partnered with Reverb to get musical instruments and gear from their personal collections into the hands of fans.
The Official Dave Mustaine Reverb Shop goes live on 4 November. Preview the items that will be available and sign up for updates at Reverb.com.
Get the latest news, reviews and features to your inbox.Subscribe