Glou-Glou releases the Pralines fuzz/filter
Featuring four parallelised, resonant bandpass filters and more.
Glou-Glou has unveiled the Pralines, a multi-band envelope filter stacked with a variety of effects options, such as fuzz.
A parallelised four-band envelope filter sits at the heart of the pedal. Each band’s bass frequency is independently shaped by “Freq” and “Mod” knobs – the former sets a low end range, while the latter controls modulation.
In addition, the four-band filter can be controlled by six master knobs. “Mix”, “Filters”, “Attack” and “Decay” need little introduction. “Peak” determines the filter’s level of resonance, which, at a low setting, produces phaser/vibrato sounds. Lastly, “Sens” shapes the envelope generator’s sensitivity.
The Pralines also boasts additional effects: a gated fuzz, modulation presets and an LFO circuit. Here’s a quick overview of the various knobs and switches for these effects:
- “Fuzz” switch: Activates a gated fuzz
- “Fuzz” knob: Determines the fuzz texture
- Large “Mod” knob: Toggles between four presets, which are envelope down, envelope up, LFO, and expression pedal
- “LFO Ctrl” knob: Toggles between three presets, which are envelope down, envelope up, and expression pedal
- “Fast/Slow” switch: Toggles between two rate presets
- “Speed” knob: Determines the amount of warble
Hear the pedal in action here:
Retails at $365. More information at glou-glou.org.
Get the latest news, reviews and features to your inbox.Subscribe