Joyo has expanded its R-series with the Cab Box. This multi-talented cab modeller comes with impulse response technology, tube power amp presets and dedicated mic’ing settings.
The Cab Box is designed as a fully customisable virtual amp setup, loaded with 20 cab emulations – modelled after modern and vintage amps – that sound authentic due to IR technology. Twenty presets can be loaded onto the device, with a further 10 slots for third-party alternatives.
You can change the voicing of each cab sim via four tube power amp presets – 6L6, 6V6, EL34 and EL84 – and 11 classic microphone emulations. With so many customisation options at play, the unit comes with 128 cab memory slots to ensure you don’t run out of preset space.
The Cab Box is also user-friendly: you can track all your selections and make edits on its large display screen. In terms of controls, it has four knobs at each corner and five buttons under the screen. Here are the details:
- Master knob: Governs the master volume
- Select knob: Selects between the various parameters
- Up knob: Banks up the saved presets
- Down knob: Banks down the saved presets
- Power Amp button: Engages power amp selection screen
- Cab/Mic button: Engages cab/mic selection screen
- EQ button:
- Engages the EQ screen
- Toggles between the landing pages of a five-band EQ and a three-band post-EQ
- Save button: Saves your presets
- Home button:
- Goes back to the home screen
- Hold it to engage the MIDI setup
Check out the Cab Box below:
Available in January 2019 at $199. More information at joyoaudio.co.uk.