Courtney Love and Melissa Auf der Maur’s reunion show cancelled due to COVID-19
The charity event was meant to take place this weekend.
Image: Kevin Mazur / Getty
Former Hole members Courtney Love and Melissa Auf der Maur‘s planned live reunion has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The pair were due to perform at a Planned Parenthood benefit concert at New York’s Town Hall on 14 March, this coming saturday. The concert had been organised by the Feminist Institute, a nonprofit that collects and digitises feminist art, humanities, politics, and business, and provides a global online archive.
However it’s now confirmed that the Town Hall show has been called off, amidst the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
“In light of current public health concerns, we are disappointed to have to postpone our benefit concert,” said Feminist Institute President Kathleen Landy in a statement about Bans Off My Body‘s cancellation. “We look forward to fulfilling the goals of the evening as soon as we can responsibly do so.”
While there is no new date, ticket holders have been told the organisers have “already begun work on rescheduling the event”.
Other performers booked to play at this weekend’s Bans Off My Body were Jane’s Addiction’s Perry Farrell along with his wife Etty, Rachael Yamagata, Joan as Police Woman, and Betty. All proceeds from the concert were set to be donated to Planned Parenthood.
The event joins the many others cancelled or delayed due to the outbreak, including SXSW, Knotfest Japan and Coachella.
For more music news, click here.
Get the latest news, reviews and features to your inbox.Subscribe