Watch a clip of Neil Young and Crazy Horse performing ‘Truth Kills’
The clip precedes the release of the band’s film ‘Mountaintop’.
Image: Ross Gilmore / Getty
Rolling Stone has unveiled a clip of Neil Young and Crazy Horse performing the song Truth Kills, taken from the film Mountaintop. Watch it here.
The song featured is a downbeat tune with climate-focused lyrics. It’s not on the upcoming album, but is a B-side to the single Rainbow of Colours. Mountaintop details the recording process the band went through to produce Colorado – Neil Young’s first studio album with Crazy Horse since 2012. The album will be released on Friday October 25 via Reprise records.
Mountaintop is one of a number of film projects Young is working on, having delayed all touring in 2020 to complete them, as Rolling Stone reports. The full list of archive projects Young is working on was also posted, with a few added details deciphering the titles:
- A Rusted out Garage. [Crazy Horse’s 1987 tour]
- Greendale Live [Crazy Horse’s 2003/04 tour]
- Alchemy [Crazy Horse’s 2012/13/14 tour]
- Catalyst [unclear]
- Tokyo Budokan 76 [A 1976 show in Japan with Crazy Horse]
- London Odeon Hammersmith 76 [A 1976 show in London with Crazy Horse]
- Solo Trans [Young’s one-man show supporting Trans in 1983]
- Stray Gators Harvest Sessions [The 1971 recording sessions for Harvest]
- Greendale Live at Vicar Street [A March 2003 stop of the solo Greendale tour]
- The Boarding House [A 1978 solo acoustic stand at the Boarding House club in San Francisco]
- Silver and Gold [A 1999 solo acoustic tour]
- Stratford Shakespearean Theater 1971 [A January 1971 solo acoustic show in Connecticut]
- Solo BBC 1971 [A BBC solo acoustic show taped February 23rd, 1971]
- Trans 2020 [An animated film by Micah Nelson using the music of Young’s 1982 LP Trans]
The trailer for the film gives a glimpse of the intensity (and profanity) of the creative process Young and his backing band brought to the studio for Colorado. Watch it below: