Ozzy Osbourne has announced an expanded edition of his debut solo album Blizzard Of Ozz, marking 40 years since its release.
The record, which arrived in September 1980, contains the classics Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley and Suicide Solution. It followed his exit from Black Sabbath in 1979, and was the first he recorded with Randy Rhoads before Rhoads’ death in 1982.
The extended edition arrives this Friday (18 September), and has a tracklist bolstered by bonus tracks including You Looking At Me, Looking At You, and album outtake RR. Seven live songs recorded during the album’s supporting tour are also included, including You Said It All, Steal Away and Revelation.
The expanded edition of the album arrives alongside digital re-releases of two concert films: Live & Loud (1993) and Live at Budokan (2002). Originally available on VHS/DVD, these were previously tricky to find online.
Meanwhile, Ozzy has said that he doesn’t have “the slightest interest” in reforming metal legends Black Sabbath. “Not for me. It’s done,” he said. “The only thing I do regret is not doing the last farewell show in Birmingham with [drummer] Bill Ward. I felt really bad about that.”
The full tracklisting for the Blizzard Of Ozz 40th anniversary edition is below.
- I Don’t Know
- Crazy Train
- Goodbye to Romance
- Suicide Solution
- Mr. Crowley
- No Bone Movies
- Revelation (Mother Earth)
- Steal Away (The Night)
- You Looking at Me, Looking at You (current bonus track – originally the b-side to “Crazy Train”)
- Goodbye to Romance [2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix] (current bonus track)
- RR [Outtake from “Blizzard Of Ozz” Sessions] (current bonus track)
- I Don’t Know – from Ozzy Live
- Crazy Train – from Ozzy Live
- Mr. Crowley – from Ozzy Live
- Revelation (Mother Earth) – from Ozzy Live
- Steal Away (The Night) – from Ozzy Live
- Suicide Solution – from Ozzy Live
- You Said It All (live) – from Mr Crowley EP
For more music news, click here.