Grammy-nominated industrial band Rammstein will embark on their first-ever stadium tour of North America this August, beginning in Montreal and ending in Mexico City.
The tour also marks the group’s first dates in the USA since 2012’s Made in Germany: 1995-2011 tour. In August of last year, they completed the first European section of their current run of stadium shows. The newly announced North American dates will follow a second European leg in summer 2020.
The latest tour announcement follows Rammstein’s’ recent untitled album – the band’s first release for a decade and earned the band their second German number-one with the song Deutschland.
The band are noted for their theatrical, pyrotechnic-filled and over-the-top stage shows (think 30-foot metal wings fitted with flamethrowers) – which could be all the more ridiculous given the stadium venues booked for the tour.
The full list of new 2020 dates is as follows:
- 20 August — Montreal, QC, Parc Jean-Drapeau
- 23 August — Philadelphia, PA, Lincoln Financial Field
- 27 August — Washington, DC, FedExField
- 30 August — Minneapolis, MN, U.S. Bank Stadium
- 3 September — Chicago, IL, Soldier Field
- 6 September — Foxborough, MA, Gillette Stadium
- 10 September — East Rutherford, NJ, MetLife Stadium
- 16 September — San Antonio, TX, Alamodome
- 19 Saturday, September — Los Angeles, CA, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- 27 Sunday, September — Mexico City, MX, Foro Sol
Tickets go on sale today (Friday 24 January) at 10 AM local time. Find out more at rammstein.com.
For more music news, click here.