To celebrate Woodstock’s 50th anniversary this year, Woodstock Nation has announced a limited-edition DVD box set from the 40th-anniversary reunion concert that took place in 2009. This particular show, known as Remembering Woodstock, is noted for featuring the greatest number of original Woodstock performers together since the famed 1969 festival.
The three-DVD collection boasts performances from the likes of Jefferson Starship, Big Brother And The Holding Company, Country Joe McDonald, Canned Heat, Mountain and the Grateful Dead’s Tom Constanten.
Supplementing the four-hour-long performance footage are interviews conducted with the 40th-anniversary performers along with these assorted memorabilia:
- Three Woodstock Concert Anniversary posters
- 26-page Collector Booklet
- All-access pass to Woodstock Nation that comes with a lanyard
- Postcards from the 1969 and 2009 Woodstock concerts
- Special token with download code to preview new Woodstock Nation documentary
- Guitar key chain/bottle opener
- Four colourful guitar picks
- Woodstock anniversary patch
- 50th Anniversary t-shirt
In other Woodstock news, the 50th-anniversary festival that had been scheduled to take place this year has been cancelled.
The box set is now available at a promotional price of $45.95. Come September, it will be priced at $89.95. To place an order, click here. For more info on the box set, head over to woodstockboxset.com.