#SummerNAMM2016: Martin has announced news about its Standard, 15 & 17 series. The 17 series has been updated with Fishman Matrix VT Enhance electronics and new models have been introduced to both the 15 & Standard series – the GPC-15ME to the 15 series & the 00-18 for the Standard series.
Official info below:
First introduced at the 2016 Winter NAMM Trade Show, Martin Guitar enhances its popular new 17 Series with Matrix VT Enhance acoustic amplification by Fishman. These updated models include 00L-17E Black Smoke, 000-17E Whiskey Sunset and 00-17E Black Smoke. (www.martinguitar.com/VTEnhance)
Martin expands and innovates its world-renowned product line, updating the iconic Standard Series by introducing a new 00-18 and expanding its 15 Series to include the new GPC-15ME.
Full details on the new Martin Guitar models that will be displayed at 2016 Summer NAMM are below and at www.martinguitar.com/new .
- 00-18 – The 00-18 is an updated version of the popular 00-18V. A scallop-braced Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides are the foundation for this classic grand concert model. The combination of the short expressive 24.9” scale with a modified low oval neck shape and the more parallel high performance taper allows for fast action and playability. An East Indian rosewood head plate with ebony fingerboard and bridge round out the updates 00-18 to this classic model. £1999
- GPC-15ME – A solid wood, Grand Performance cutaway model with understated beauty, the GPC-15ME is crafted with mahogany for the scallop-braced top, back and sides. A modified low oval high performance neck allows fast and easy play up and down the East Indian rosewood fingerboard. Fishman Matrix VT Enhance electronics make this the perfect stage guitar. £1635
- 00L-17E Black Smoke: A solid Sitka spruce top and Mahogany back and sides are the foundation for this sloped shoulder Grand Concert model. The cream colored ivoroid binding and pickguard are a stark contrast against the satin black smoke finish. A modern straight line Guatemalan rosewood bridge and a modified low oval neck with high performance taper complete the 00L-17E Black Smoke. Also available in Whiskey Sunset burst finish. £1833
- 000-17E Whiskey Sunset: The 000-17E Whiskey Sunset Auditorium model boasts a rich, warm sunburst finish that will impress any player with its aesthetic beauty. It is crafted with a solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides for a comforting, warm tone. The Guatemalan rosewood fingerboard and bridge pop against the rich sunburst finish. The comfortable body size and modified low oval neck with a high performance taper make this guitar easy to play. Also available in a Black Smoke finish. £1833
- 00-17E Black Smoke: A Grand Concert addition to the 17 Series, this model features a beautiful satin black smoke finish with contrasting grained ivoroid binding. Despite its small size, this guitar projects and resonates with bold beauty. The model is constructed with a Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and a Guatemalan rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Also available in a Whiskey Sunset burst finish. £1833