Thurston Moore has announced dates for a brief tour in September, which kicks off with one show in London before heading over to the US.
Moore announced the tour on social media but has been cryptic about who will be joining him onstage at the shows apart from fellow former Sonic Youth member, drummer Steve Shelley.
The posts suggest the guitarist’s touring backing band – usually consisting of My Bloody Valentine’s Debbie Googe on bass and Nøught’s James Sedwards on guitar – could see a change in lineup.
“New York state of mind September 12 2021 with Steve Shelley and ? serenades of car horns and concrete rumbling subway soliloquies,” he wrote in one post.
You can see the full list of tour dates below. Tickets are available now, here.
- 29 Aug – The Clapham Grand in London, United Kingdom
- 12 Sep – Le Poisson Rouge in New York City
- 14 Sep – Empty Bottle in Chicago, Illinois
- 15 Sep – Empty Bottle in Chicago, Illinois
- 17 Sep – Turf Club in St Paul, Minnesota
- 18 Sep – Summerfest 2021 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Moore dropped his seventh solo studio album, By The Fire, last September. In our Big Listen review, we called it “a record that starts out in some place quite accessible and spreads its wings from there, reminding us what a wonderful sonic innovator Moore remains.”