Last year, IK Multimedia expanded its AmpliTube desktop library with the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection. The pack is now available on the AmpliTube CS apps for iPad and iPhone, featuring the same nine models sampled from the gear Dimebag used on Pantera’s Cowboys From Hell.
The nine models in question comprise emulations of two amplifiers, two cabinets and five stompboxes. According to IK Multimedia, these were designed in collaboration with the late musician’s long-time guitar tech, Grady Champion, enabling the brand to “precisely model all of Dime’s guitar tones” from the classic record.
Here’s a snapshot of all nine models:
Four amplifiers and cabinets
- Darrell 100: Modelled after the Randal RG 100 ES solid-state unit, which Dimebag used in his early Pantera days
- Jazz Amp 120 CFH: Based on the 1986 Roland JC-120 combo amp, which was used on Cemetery Gates
- Darrell 412: Modelled after the Randall 412JB
- JP Jazz CFH: Stereo cabinet of aforementioned Roland JC120 model
Available individually for $6.99 or as part of an All-Amp Bundle for $49.99.
- Flanger Doubler: Based on MXR’s Flanger Doubler, offers two effects in one
- Dime Wah: Based on Dunlop’s Cry Baby GCB95, “Modelled with precise attention to Dimebag’s lead tones”, according to the brand
- Dime Noise Gate: Based on Rocktron’s Hush IIB model, touted as “fast and responsive”
- 6-Band EQ: Modelled after an MXR pedal, helps to sculpt and boost sound before amp stage
- Pre EQ 3: A three-band parametric EQ modelled after Furman’s PQ-3, offers flexible sound-shaping
Available individually for $3.99 or as part of an All-FX Bundle for $49.99.
Recall the collection’s sounds below:
The collection is available as an in-app purchase at $19.99. Also available as an All-In bundle for $149.99. More information at ikmultimedia.com.