Ritchie Blackmore has teamed up with William Shatner on a cover of the classic B.B. King tune The Thrill Is Gone. The rendition of the tune will appear on Shatner’s upcoming solo album, The Blues, which features a surprising guest lineup of guitar greats. Take a listen to the track below.
The Blues is due out October 2 through Cleopatra Records. Other guitarists that guest on Shatner’s 14-track tribute to the blues include Brad Paisley, Sonny Landreth, Steve Cropper, Jeff “Skunk” Baxter, James Burton, Albert Lee, Tyler Bryant and Kirk Fletcher.
While the lineup is surprising, this isn’t the first time Shatner’s collaborated with big-names in music. For 2018’s Shatner Claus, his Christmas album, Captain Kirk linked up with the likes of Billy Gibbons, Iggy Pop and Todd Rundgren.
The full tracklist for William Shatner’s The Blues below:
- Sweet Home Chicago (feat. Brad Paisley)
- I Can’t Quit You Baby (feat. Kirk Fletcher)
- Sunshine Of Your Love (feat. Sonny Landreth)
- The Thrill Is Gone (feat. Ritchie Blackmore)
- Mannish Boy (feat. Ronnie Earl)
- Born Under A Bad Sign (feat. Tyler Bryant)
- I Put A Spell On You (feat. Pat Travers)
- Crossroads (feat. James Burton)
- Smokestack Lightnin’ (feat. Jeff “Skunk” Baxter)
- As The Years Go Passing By (feat. Arthur Adams)
- Let’s Work Together (feat. Harvey Mandel & CANNED HEAT)
- Route 66 (feat. Steve Cropper)
- In Hell I’ll Be In Good Company (feat. Albert Lee)
- Secrets Or Sins
Learn more at williamshatner.bandcamp.com
For more music news, click here.