Joyo has expanded its R-series with the R-07 Aquarius Multi Delay & Looper. This unit is loaded with a suite of features, including eight delay presets and a looper.
A standout feature of this pedal is its multi-mode capability. You can employ its delay or looping functions individually, or combine both for a lush, complex composition.
Aquarius’ delay section, as mentioned earlier, lets you pick from eight stunning presets. Classic presets include digital and analogue delay, warm tape and tube echo, as well as the popular reverse echo effect.
For those after a quirkier sound, the Aquarius offers a Low Bit preset that can generate lo-fi repeats, and a Galaxy preset that produces a spacey delay with glitchy reverse trails.
Aquarius’ looper section, on the other hand, is fairly straightforward, but it does have up to five minutes of recording capacity. Its loops are also editable, so you can overdub, stop and delete the recordings as you see fit.
Controls-wise, the pedal has four key knobs and a looper button. Here are the details:
- Level/Volume knob:
- Delay mode: Sets the feedback volume
- Looper mode: Sets the playback volume
- Time/Tone knob:
- Delay mode: Sets the delay time. Can also be controlled via tap tempo
- Looper mode: Sets the brightness of playback
- Feedback/Tape knob:
- Delay mode: Sets the number of repeats
- Looper mode: Sets decay of the playback
- Mod Selection knob:
- Selects between eight delay presets and a looper mode
- Looper button:
- Engages the looper
Check out the pedal in action below:
Retails at $89.99. More information at joyoaudio.co.uk.