Available in various shapes and sizes and sporting a cool grey tweed look, the Bassbreakers series looks set to be a hit in 2016…
Official info & specs below:
Bassbreaker series guitar amplifiers continue Fender’s storied lineage with a kind of “parallel evolution” that breaks away from tradition with dark gray lacquered tweed covering, refined pointer knobs and unique circuitry as well as power tubes and speakers hinting at the U.K. amps that “borrowed” Fender circuits in the 1960s. The sound is one of pure tube greatness for today’s players.
Bassbreaker 007 Head & Combo
Powerful and unpretentious, the Bassbreaker 007 packs quite a punch for its size. Fueled by a pair of 12AX7 preamp tubes and a single EL84 power tube for 7 watts of true Class-A amplification, the Bassbreaker 007 features traditional gain and tone controls, and an interesting option— switchable vintage-style treble booster for increased overdrive and added harmonics.
Higher gain settings of the 007 are just plain fun, but never mask the dynamics and identity of the guitar. The onboard ¼” line output connects directly to recording gear or a larger amp. Bold visual touches include block Fender logo, dark grey lacquered tweed covering, leatherette handle and big, bold pointer knobs.
Loaded with complex, refined sound, the agile Bassbreaker 007 provides delectable crunch that’s shaken, not stirred. Add the optional booster footswitch and protective amp cover to complete this globe-hopping ensemble.
- Moderately sized, with 7 watts of big tone
- Single EL84 power tube, true class “A” operation
- Vintage-style treble-booster circuit switch on front panel for extra gain and harmonics (also operated by optional single-button footswitch)
- Line output (1/4”) for use with recording equipment or larger amp
- Single 10” Celestion Ten Thirty speaker (combo model only)
Bassbreaker 15 Head & Combo
Supercharged with a plethora of flexible features, the Bassbreaker 15 is a top-notch performer for stage or studio. This chameleon-like amp creates its magic with a trio of 12AX7 preamp tubes feeding into two EL84 power tubes for 15 watts of tight, modern tone.
The all-new three-position Gain Structure switch gives the amp three distinct “boutique” voices, ranging from mild to wild. They’re all tasty and touch-sensitive without masking the character of the guitar.
Recording-friendly features such as XLR line output with switchable speaker emulation and Power Amp Mute make it easy to lose yourself in the moment without getting bogged down by the details. A level-adjustable digital hall reverb adds just the right amount of ambience.
The handsome new Bassbreaker cosmetic treatment includes dark gray lacquered tweed, oversized pointer knobs, Fender “block” logo, and more. With great looks, tone, and features, the Bassbreaker 15 is destined to become a go-to amp for rehearsals, gigging and recording.
- 15 watts from two EL84 tubes for aggressive midrange character
- Gain Structure switch for three distinct tonal flavors and overdrive levels
- Recording-friendly Power Amp Mute, switchable speaker-emulated XLR line output and ground lift
- Single 12” 8-ohm Celestion V-Type speaker (combo only)
- Combo and head mate perfectly with BB-112 extension speaker cabinet
Bassbreaker 18/30 Combo
The two-channel Bassbreaker 18/30 Combo offers the performance of two time-tested Fender classics. Channel One offers pure, bell-like clean tones and warm crunch when driven, thanks to its Blackface Deluxe amp circuitry with extra headroom and 30-watt output. Channel Two’s circuit is based on an 18-watt ’61 brown Deluxe, offering plenty of power amp overdrive with easily controlled dynamics at “real world” volume levels. An included footswitch allows easy selection between the two, and four EL84 power tubes add a distinctive midrange punch.
With pedal-friendly tube circuitry, simplicity of operation, and updated vintage aesthetics, the Bassbreaker 18/30 Combo is sure to become a modern classic.
- Channel one is a 30-watt version of the blackface Fender Deluxe™ amp, delivering bell-like clean tones that gradually warm up with a twist of the volume control
- Channel two is an 18-watt version of the brown 1961 Deluxe amp, for lower-headroom tube tone and warm, compressed overdrive
- Channel-selection footswitch included
- Four EL84 output tubes for tighter rock distortion character
- Simple signal path for pedal-friendly operation
- Two 12” Celestion V-Type speakers for tight response and “vocal” tone character
- Cabinet has Birch ply construction and semiclosed back for full, resonant response and low end “thump”
- Matches perfectly with optional BB-212 extension cabinet
Bassbreaker 45 Head & Combo
The late-’50s tweed-covered Fender Bassman is often called “the grandfather of all amps.” It is beloved by guitarists worldwide for its simplicity, versatility, dynamic range, warm tube overdrive, stage-filling power and rugged roadworthiness.
The Bassbreaker 45 is the 45-watt flagship model that leads a first-rate lineup of lower-wattage models, all with pro-level tone and performance for today’s rock players.
- ’59 Bassman circuit with incredible touch sensitivity, dynamics, and “pedal friendly” response
- Dual EL34 output tubes for tighter rock distortion character
- Output level knob takes power from 45 watts to a single watt and anywhere in between, tailoring full-powered Bassman overdrive capabilities for studio, stage and arena – players can dial up many “sweet spots” with various combinations of level and channel settings
- Normal and Bright inputs, plus BOTH input for achieving legendary “channel blend” tonal variations without a patch cable
- Two 12” Celestion® V-Type speakers for tight response and “vocal” tone character (combo only)
- Cabinet has Birch Ply construction and semi-closed back for full, resonant response and low-end “thump” (combo only)
- Matching BB-212 enclosure fits perfectly under Bassbreaker 45 combo or head