Tech 21 teams up with Geddy Lee on signature SansAmp YYZ
A pedal-sized version of the Rush bassist’s SansAmp rackmount unit.
Tech 21 has collaborated with Rush legend Geddy Lee on the SansAmp YYZ pedal, a streamlined iteration of his signature GED-2112 SansAmp rackmount unit.
According to Tech 21, this seafoam box of tricks is voiced for Lee’s signature sound as well as scores of other different styles. It’s designed with all-analogue SansAmp technology, and can be used for direct recording and to improve tracks you’ve previously recorded.
Alternatively, you can add it to your stage arsenal, using it to drive a power amp and speakers, to expand your amp options, or as direct input into a mixer.
Besides a three-band EQ, the SansAmp YYZ comes with a selection of controls to help you sculpt your bass tone. Here are the details:
- Mix knob:
- Sets the blend ratio between deep (studio-clean) and drive (gritty bass tube amp tones)
- Drive knob:
- Sets the overall level of gain and overdrive
- Akin to pushing the output section of a tube amp
- Tight button:
- Adds definition to your clean tone
- Gives distorted tones a “snappier” character, according to Tech 21
Available from mid/late spring. More info at tech21nyc.com.
Get the latest news, reviews and features to your inbox.Subscribe